Sugar and Spruce has partnered up with Friends of the Rappahannock this year for Earth Day. Their work is important and will impact the community for years to come. All profits from our Earth Day bath bomb will be donated, so please help us to support an organization with a huge community impact.
Below are some simple suggestions from The Friends Of The Rappahhanock to make sustainable changes to impact our environment.
How you can help:
- Pick up litter
- Clean up after your pet's waste
- Plant native trees and plants in your yard
- Don't use excess fertilizer
- Educate others on the importance of the watershed and keeping it clean
Changes big and small make the world a better place to live for all of us. Do your part, not just on Earth Day, but every day!
Rappahannock River Safety
As the weather warms up, we can't pass up a chance to share some River safety tips as well and a link to our river safety video.
- Always wear a personal flotation device ( life jacket) while recreating on the Rappahannock.
- Look at weather and water levels before planning to recreate on the river.
- Check out this video: What's a Safe Level? Planning Your River Trip
Follow them on social to see their latest happenings and learn how you can get involved!